A beatbox comedian, Fredy Beats, from London, was crowned 2016 winner of ‘Beacon’s Got Talent’, a national talent competition held at Beacon Bingo’s eight clubs around the country over the last few weeks.
On Sunday, 19th June, the eight winning acts from each club competition performed in front of an audience of over 500 customers at Beacon Bingo in Cricklewood, the world’s largest bingo club.
Classical crossover singer, Matthew Crane, representing Beacon Bingo Streatham, won second place receiving a cash prize of £1500, and singer 2Shay, also representing Beacon Bingo Cricklewood and a regular customer, won third place receiving a cash prize of £500.
Beacon’s Got Talent’ was launched earlier this year with heats that took place at Beacon Bingo’s eight clubs around the country during May and June.
The acts in the final were:
- Wildcard Beatbox Comedian Fredy Beats representing Cricklewood
- Classical crossover singer Matthew Crane representing Streatham
- Singer 2Shay representing Cricklewood
- Singer Hayley Harrison representing Redcar
- Singer Keeley Gilding representing Loughborough
- Comedian Alan Chambers representing Ilkeston
- Singer Jenna Barr representing Northampton
- Singer Ebony Johnson representing Margate
- Singer Hana Gee representing Lowestoft.
Fredy Beats, the winner of Beacon’s Got Talent, said: “I’ve been beatboxing for ten years and I use comedy to complete my show. It is awesome great to be the first winner of ‘Beacon’s Got Talent’.”
Phil Gibbs Beacon Bingo marketing manager said: “The grand final in Cricklewood was fabulous and the standard was incredible. The competition was tough but the three winners are very deserving.”
“It is unbelievable how much talent we have had in our clubs over the last couple of months – from singing and dancing, to telling jokes – we’ve had it all. ‘Beacon’s Got Talent’ proved to be a huge success with our customers – many of whom travelled down to London to support the eight final acts.”
Watch Fredy Beats’ video of his winning performance by visiting Beacons Bingo’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/beacon.cricklewood/