This IT Reporting Analyst role is for one of the largest and most respected brands in High Street gaming and bingo clubs. The brand is synonymous with excitement and best value entertainment. The company’s IT team provides support to the UK business for local applications and assists with support for regional systems. They liaise closely with business and central teams to resolve day-to-day issues with key business processes. In addition, the team will be delivering and maintaining reporting solutions which will look at SAP and non-SAP data to build solutions for the company.
This role will be focussed on providing solutions to the UK business for business reporting. It will provide opportunities to develop technical skills and business analyst skills, with plenty of opportunity for personal development. Along with the right personal skills, you should be able to demonstrate an ability to learn new technical skills quickly, as well as have experience of the pressures of the commercial environment.
- Work with diverse business clients to support their IT applications and improve business processes.
- Work closely with key individuals from the business and the IT team to define business requirements.
- Carry out systems problem analysis, support, report development, liaison with contractors and third-party suppliers, system testing, documentation and end-user training as necessary.
- Work as part of a team to support the business systems and help to deliver projects to specification, time and budget.
- As part of the IT team, liaise with the business to develop enhancements to key applications.
- Communicate regularly with business and take the lead in business case evaluation, project estimating, functional specifications and business process design.
- Deliver key projects in line with the group strategies.
- Be the primary contact for UK business users for reporting, responsible for key systems, SAP BW and SAP Business Object reports.
- Ensure that the key systems are available for UK business.
- Work directly with the users and SAP team to ensure that where possible the UK needs are fulfilled.
- Ensure UK regression tests are conducted in a timely manner through liaison with the SAP team and the business.
- Investigate IT processes to identify and suggest areas for improvement.
- Manage small to medium size IT projects involving the implementation or enhancements to existing systems.
- Work on ad-hoc developments in terms of the analysis, design, specification, development, testing, implementation and management.
- Work with others in the team to monitor the support queues and resolve issues within the agreed SLAs.
- Work with the IT team to ensure all key systems are ‘kept running’.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified.
- Comprehensive and extensive functional knowledge of business processes and reporting systems.
- Good understanding of ITIL/ITSM concepts.
- Excellent technical skills required within application areas (SAP, SAP BW/Business Objects, SQL, ABAP).
- Proven track record of delivering business requirements, business process design and functional design of IT enabled change projects.
- Good project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3+ years of SAP BW and Business Objects experience (desirable).
- Strong problem-solving skills and root cause analysis.
- A high level of business Intelligence knowledge and strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A tenacious approach with focus and determination to get the job done effectively.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work effectively with key stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills on the fly when required.
- Dedicated drive for end results.
Your working hours will be Monday to Friday 08:30–17:00 and you will be based at the company’s Head Office in Milton Keynes. Some weekend work, along with weekend/evening on call hours may also be required.
If you feel that you have all the necessary skills and experience to be successful in a role such as this, please apply today and someone will be in contact with you very soon.
Closing Date: 25th March 2018